Timothy Bhattacharyya, MD
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and a graduate of Northwestern University and Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Dr. Bhattacharyya completed an orthopaedic surgery residency at Boston University/ Boston Medical Center. He then went on to complete a fellowship in orthopaedic trauma at Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. Currently, he is the Director of Orthopaedic Trauma Services at Suburban Hospital. His areas of expertise include: fracture care, pelvis and acetabulum injuries, management of complex and non union fractures, and joint replacements. He is Head of Clinical Orthopaedic Reseach at the National Institutes of Health. He is a member of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Washington University in St Louis
St. Louis, MO
Boston University Orthopaedic Residency Training Program
Massachusetts General Hospital/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Post-Traumatic Reconstruction
- Wadgaonkar AD, Schneider EC, Bhattacharyya T. Physician tiering by health plans in Massachusetts. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010 Sep 15;92(12):2204-9.
- Wang Z, Bhattacharyya T. Trends in incidence of subtrochanteric fragility fractures and bisphosphonate use among the US elderly, 1996-2007. J Bone Miner Res. 2011 Mar;26(3):553-60. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.233.
- Bhattacharyya T, Koval KJ. Unipolar versus bipolar hemiarthroplasty for femoral neck fractures: is there a difference? J Orthop Trauma. 2009 Jul;23(6):426-7.
- Bhattacharyya T, Freiberg AA, Mehta P, Katz JN, Ferris T. Measuring the report card: the validity of pay-for-performance metrics in orthopedic surgery. Health Aff (Millwood). 2009 Mar-Apr;28(2):526-32.
- Bhattacharyya T, Mehta P, Smith M, Pomahac B. Routine use of wound vacuum-assisted closure does not allow coverage delay for open tibia fractures. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008 Apr;121(4):1263-6.
- Mortality after periprosthetic fracture of the femur. Bhattacharyya T, Chang D, Meigs JB, Estok DM 2nd, Malchau H. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007 Dec;89(12):2658-62.