TheraBand Massage Stick Roller
Stick rolling is a form of self-myofascial release (SMR) that helps improve tissue alignment and quality. SMR is essentially a form of self-massage that utilizes certain tools (i.e stick rollers, foam rollers, etc.) designed to reduce stresses to the hands that can that can be caused by performing self-massage.
The stick roller stretches muscles and tendons, breaks down soft tissue adhesion, and soothes tight fascia while increasing blood flow and circulation to the soft tissues. Deep tissue stimulation and massage maximizes muscle performance and flexibility. By rolling the massage stick along the area of tightness, you can perform a self-massage or Myofascial release. Myofascial release has been shown to relieve various muscle and joint pains.
- Perform during the warm-up and/or cool-down when exercising
- Slowly move the roller along the muscle while applying moderate pressure
- Move about 1 inch per second
- Spend 1-2 minutes per body part
- Avoid rolling over joints
- Your therapist will instruct you on how long to perform exercises for and what exercises to perform
You can order a TheraBand Roller off of Amazon by searching TheraBand Roller, then selecting TheraBand Roller Massager, For Mysofascial Release and Deep Tissue Massage.
Here is a link to the TheraBand Massage Roller