OrthoBethesda Offers In-Person and Virtual Visits
In-office appointments are offered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please call our office (301) 530-1010 and our telephone triage personnel will help determine:
– what can be treated in our office
– what can be treated with telemedicine
– what may need to go to a hospital emergency department.
All employees, patients, and visitors must wear a face covering and have their temperature recorded prior to entering our facility.
Video OverviewOur precautions include:
- All patients, visitors, and staff are screened for symptoms at the door and have their temperature taken
- We’ve limited the number of people allowed in our facility at any one time (e.g., we’re scheduling fewer patients)
- Plexiglass shields are installed at all patient transaction desks and in our hand therapy clinic
- Televisits are offered 5 days per week
- Our clinicians wash or sanitize their hands between each visit
- Rigorous disinfection protocols are in place
- Our processes encourage social distancing and limited contact with surfaces (e.g., we prop our doors open and use floor tape to designate 6-foot distances)
- All staff, patients, and visitors are required to wear masks
- Therapy patients are treated in a private curtained area of no less than 144 square feet
- The fresh air supply has been increased to our entire facility
Before Your Visit
- You will receive a text and/or email from Phreesia with a link to complete your registration from home. Please complete registration prior to arrival.
- Follow instructions to include a photo of your ID & insurance card.
- New Patients: Please print & complete a Medication List which can be accessed here
All patients are required to wear a face-covering while on the premises of OrthoBethesda. We are unable to supply masks due to the national shortage. Click here for a quick DIY video from the surgeon general on how to make your own.
Please do not come to our office with an escort or family member unless that person is a critical member of your care team.
As a precaution against the spread of Coronavirus, please do not visit our office if you have a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19, or if in the past 14 days you’ve had close contact1 with someone who has the virus, or you’re under investigation or being tested for COVID-19. You may visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, www.cdc.gov, for the latest information.
1Close contact is defined as: a) being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) of a COVID-19 case for a prolonged period of time; close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting, or sharing a healthcare waiting area or room with a COVID-19 case, or b) having direct contact with infectious secretions of a COVID-19 case (e.g., being coughed on).Contact Us
We conduct telemedicine visits Monday through Friday for patients who prefer not to leave home for their appointment. Call our office to schedule the telemedicine visit: (301) 530-1010 for our physicians or (240) 482-2438 for our physical/ occupational therapists.
Before Your Telemedicine Appointment
- You will receive a confirmation email from Phreesia with a link to complete your registration. Please complete the registration prior to the appointment.
- Follow instructions to include a photo of your ID & insurance card
To prepare for a telemedicine visit:
- We’ll email you within a day of your scheduled televisit and in the body of that email will be a link such as https://doxy.me/craigmiller”. In this example, the care provider is Dr. Craig Miller, but in your case, it will be the doctor or therapist with whom you scheduled your appointment. Some patients have reported this email going to their spam/junk folder. Please call us an hour before your scheduled telemedicine visit if you have not received the email by that time.
- No need to download software or create an account. Just use a browser on a computer or device with a camera and microphone, such as an iPhone or other smartphone. Doxy.me works best with the following web browsers: Safari, Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. Please note that FollowMyHealth, our patient portal, is NOT used for telemedicine.
- Doxy.me is private and secure. All data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored. Doxy.me adheres to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy requirements.
- Please make sure your device has the camera and microphone enabled and the volume turned on/mute off.
- Please be prepared for the telemedicine visit by being in a private, well-lit room.
- Click on the link and when you get to the website type in your name and click the button to enter the virtual waiting room. Your doctor or therapist will join the visit at the appointment time. You will be able to see and hear them and they will be able to see and hear you.
- Please be dressed appropriately such that if we need to check a surgical wound or range of motion of an arm or leg, we will be able to.